My client is upset because her blog posts all used to be found on Google and this is not anymore the case. The number of site visits dropped dramatically and she is losing business because of this.
In fact, I saw on Ahrefs that the keywords her site is ranking for, dropped dramatically (from 4,000 keywords to about 3,000) over the last months.
23 individual blog post URLs that have been submitted and used to rank well in Google are not indexed, but not because of an error but because they are not selected as canonical by Google. Instead the blog page https://www.vacationrentalsmanzanita.com/blog has been selected by Google over the individual blog posts.
Recently posted blog posts are not indexed by Google either. Google Search Console shows "discovered not indexed" which indicates that Google tried to crawl the URL but the site was overloaded.
The sitemap has been submitted after every site change, the site has been fetched & rendered and all URLs have been submitted to index.
I am not that worried about the recent posts that haven't been indexed but I am about the ones that used to rank and are not indexed any longer. I think there is clearly something wrong with the indexing of this site and hope there is someone of the Wix New Blog team that can look into this.
The problem of my client's site was fixed after more than 2 weeks going back and forward with support.
I see a lot of references to Google Search Console. It seems that GSC doesn't represent the indexing of the blog posts very well. I would recommend to download a report from GSC of all URLs that GSC says are not indexed and to double check the indexing yourself in Google search by typing site://https://www.mysite... in the search bar or by using a bulk index checker like https://indexchecking.com
This way you can see which blog URLs are truely not indexed and communicate those with support.
A new update on this issue. By all means please see the screenshot below:
I have perform a fetch on every single pages that I have told as being excluded before (if you ever do this, it is a chore indeed, but I did it anyway for the sake of proving an issue here).
And the result is? A new category is made up in Google Search Console as "Duplicate, submitted URL not selected as canonical". Most of the fetch (if not all) I did, are clumped inside this category. Basically they are still being excluded, just changing category. NICE! VERY NICE!
You can see the last crawled date in the screenshot above, which I underlined in red mark, is very new. And as I said before when I clicked the view as search result, most of them were pointing to the main blog feed page, not the actual blog.
6 days ago, I published a new blog post and it is directly being excluded and regarded as "Discovered - currently not indexed". See the one I circled around in the screenshot below, that is the newest blog post.
From the first time I faced th