NOTE: If this post is just a big blob of words, click on the title to open it with formatting. (OMG: what is wrong with this forum?)
First you should know that I'm not new to web design but am very new to Wix. (I've made one website with Square Space and a half dozen with Concrete5.) I have three Wix websites published now, but I kept them quite simple.
Here are my questions that relate to the New Wix Blog:
1. Which blog did I add to my website? I just added the first one I saw. Now I see there are several different ones around on Wix. Surely every app must have it's name buried somewhere in the many configuration dialog boxes. Can anyone tell me how to definitively identify what blog is on my blog page? (I think it is likely the New Wix Blog, but I like to know for sure so I know which documents to read.)
2. The blog I installed has a signup/login feature that lets people comment and get notifications. I was going to ask if I can turn this off, but I discovered that I can by unchecking the box Blog->Settings->Display->Blog Menu->signin/Sign up button. But I'd like to leave this feature on if I can figure out how to maintain the member list and notifications.
3. I turned the Notifications on at Blog->Settings->Subscribers. Now all members get an email when I post a new blog. Unfortunately they also get an email every time someone posts a comment. Is there any way to turn off notifications for comments or to let the members control what notifications they get? (Is the code for the blog app open for modification? My guess is "No".)
4. Is there any other "things" I should add to aid managing the blog membership? Maybe the Members Area "app" or the Marketing Email "app"?
(Is "app" the right term for these? Also I notice Wix has plenty of documentation about how to add things to your website but I don't find much about the capabilities and/or why I'd want to add these things to my site. The only way I've found so far is to add the and then do a bunch of testing ... like with the blog notifications. Shouldn't they document how their stuff works? Wouldn't that be very useful? Maybe someone need to write a book or a website that covers this kind of thing.)
5. I usually find Youtube tutorials that teach me what I need to know about these tech subjects but the tutorials I've watched really are mostly superficial or are trying to teach me marketing or something besides how Wix works. Do you have any recommendations for good docs/blogs/videos about Wix?
Thanks for your help.